Prep Time: 5-10 min
Cook Time: 10 min
6 baby bok choy, sliced lengthwise and cleaned thoroughly
1/2 Tbsp cooking oil (I prefer coconut oil for this)
1 clove or garlic, minced (optional)
1/4 cup organic chicken or veggie broth (if you don't want to open a box of broth, you can use one of those individual packets of concentrated broth like this and add some water; it's a little processed but it can work)
Salt and pepper to taste
Coconut aminos and sriracha (optional)
- Heat oil over medium heat in a skillet.
- Sauté bok choy in the oil for a few minutes, browning them ever so slightly.
- Add in broth, turn heat down to low and cover.
- Cook on low for 5-10 minutes. I test the doneness by poking the bulb with a knife; I like it to have a little bit of a bite to it so it's not too soft.
- Once cooked, I like to add in a little bit of coconut aminos (which I prefer to soy sauce) and sriracha and mix it in with the broth.
- Plate your veggies in a bowl and top with your broth mixture and ENJOY!