If you follow me on Facebook or Instagram, you've been witness to my love affair with zucchini noodles (and if you're an Evanston personal training client, you even got your own spiralizer for the holidays!).
Why do I love them so much? Let me count the ways:
- They take less than 10 minute to make from start to finish.
- When the zucchini is spiralized, the noodles are so voluminous it looks like you won't be able to finish one serving (we eat with our eyes so this is great!).
- You can pair the noodles with anything you'd have with pasta: Meat sauce; garlicky shrimp; chicken; black beans, avocado and tomatoes! With zucchini's mild taste, the noodles are a blank slate!
So how do you make these noodles? you ask. This way:
- Wash your zucchini and pat dry (1 med-large zucchini per person). You do not need to peel the zucchini.
- Heat some olive or coconut oil in a pan on medium heat for a few minutes.
- Spiralize the pasta directly into the heated pan.
- Toss around for a few minutes (like, 5-8), making them al dente. Be careful not to overcook otherwise you'll have soggy noodles.
- Add salt/pepper to taste.
AND THAT IS IT! Just add whatever you'd like on the side (or on top!). And you've got your serving of veggies for your meal!
So, go ahead and make some noodles and let me know what you paired them with in the comments (and share your pics on Facebook)!