The season of giving gifts is among us, friends! And if you’re like me, you’re starting to realize that said gifts should probably be gotten soon… Hmm… Need a few fitness-related ideas for some friends and family members in your life? I’ve got you covered! (And if YOU’RE the one hoping for a fitness-related gift, here’s a list to help you drop some hints!)
PSA: Getting someone the gift of personal training sessions or a gym membership can really only work if the receiver has communicated precisely that they’d like personal training sessions or a gym membership. Just like you never ask someone if they’re pregnant, you don’t assume someone wants the gift of fitness. That being said, sometimes friends mention they’d like to get BACK to the gym, or that they’d like to work out more often. I find that something as small as a new workout shirt or if Taylor Swift has come out with a new album, I suddenly have more energy to train!
So with that in mind, here are a few of my favorite “this gets me to the gym” items that are easy to give to your activity-craving loved one!
1. Fun shirts. My client Caroline is the QUEEN of fun training shirts. They can help you feel sassy, awake, fun and ready to take on the weights. A few great places to try: Chinup Apparel, LookHuman.com, Active Apparel.
2. Music. Lots of it. While, yes, I do love training to the new Taylor Swift album, I also love lifting to Rage Against the Machine. And sometimes I cool down to my favorite Nigel Kennedy violin playing. So someone like me who has eclectic tastes in music loves the fact that she can get almost any music on demand from my Apple Music subscription. Other similar programs for your music-loving friends who no longer buy CDs: Amazon Prime Music Unlimited, Spotify Premium. (Gifting a year’s subscription is possible with each)
3. Speaking of music, let’s talk about wireless headphones! Give the gift of the freedom to roam from your music player! Here are a few awesome options, all with different options: Beats3 Wireless Earphones (I have these, though I wish I’d gotten them in brick red!); SoundPEATS in-ear buds; Mpow bluetooth headphones.
4. Classes all over the world! For friends who are frequent travelers or for the friend who tells you they want to be more active but don’t know what they’d like to do, gift them a ClassPass membership! With ClassPass, your get to explore all kinds of different fitness classes, both in person and on-line. It takes the pressure off of having to pick one thing and getting stuck with it. Classes range from Barre to bootcamp, boxing to Pilates.
5. A ring holder from RingHero! My wonderful client Lynn gave me one of these and it’s so beyond helpful to keep your beautiful bling safe from getting destroyed or lost. Plus it’s a small woman-owned company which I think is pretty cool.
6. Post-exercise goodness! When you exercise hard you have to recover even harder! This can be in the form of sleep, hot baths, massages, water consumption, eating nutrient-dense foods. There are a few ideas right there! So if you’d like to go the pampering route with your gift, here are my super favs:
Silk eye mask!
Epsom bath salts!
A water bottle with a lot of personality!
Healthy meal kits!
I could go on and on but hopefully this gives you some ideas for what to get me your friend or family member (or yourself)!
(And, you know, if your loved one HAS expressed wanting personal training as a gift, I’d be happy to talk about some options!)
Join IzzyFit on Social Media!
Or connect with Izzy by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2020 IzzyFit Personal Training, LLC, All rights reserved.
Become a Part of IzzyFit Nation!