I was in this slump until I had dinner with my awesome neighbors one night. I had a total A-HA! moment as soon as I saw the salad Eliza was preparing for our meal:
- Choose what greens you'd like (Arugula? Kale? Romaine?);
- Choose a grain you'd like a little bit of (Brown rice? Quinoa? None, thank you very much? I only add about 1/4 cup cooked);
- Choose 2-3 non-starchy veggies you're in the mood for (Peppers? Cucumbers? Asparagus? Red onions? Go nuts here);
- Choose your protein if you'd like (Hard-boiled eggs? Grilled chicken? Non-meat-related protein?);
- Choose a starchier carb that will take longer to break down (Legumes? Sweet potatoes? Again, for this I only add about 1/4 cup);
- Choose a dressing (Oil and vinegar? Hummus or baba ganouch which are my current fav "dressing" replacements? Ranch?)
- Chop/roast/clean/prep/grill/hard boil whatever you need to for a week's worth of lunches in one go;
- Place all of the items in separate containers;
- Put your salad together the night before so it's ready to grab and go in the morning!
I'd also love to know: What are YOUR go-to lunches during the week?