Makes 2 servings:
- Cooking oil like olive oil or coconut oil
- 2 4-6oz portions of good quality salmon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Herbs for fish should you desire them
- Season your salmon to taste. Then, heat enough oil to coat the pan you're using (preferably nonstick) on moderately high heat. You want the oil hot but not smoking hot.
- Place your salmon filets skin-side UP to sear the fish until browned, about 3-4 minutes. Don't play around with the fish while it's browning. Just let it sit :)
- Flip the filets over and cook skin-side down for another 3-4 minutes. And that is IT! Seriously!
Obviously the more you cook the fish the more well-done it will be. The times I mentioned are for a medium cook temp which is how I prefer it. The white albumin that seeps out of salmon shouldn't form this way.
Feel free to chop up some herbs to top the fish, give it a splash of lemon, serve it with capers on the side. Add some veggies to your plate and you're good to go!